By Martha P. Nochimson
- Brings jointly the main leading edge, in-depth, and fascinating scholarship on arguably the best dwelling Asian filmmaker, from a multinational team of proven and emerging movie students and critics
- Covers an immense breadth of subject matters corresponding to the culture of the jianghu in Wong's movies; queering Wong's movies now not by way of gender yet in the course of the artist's liminality; the phenomenological Wong; Wong's intertextuality; the United States via Wong's eyes; the optics of intensities, thresholds, and transfers of strength in Wong's cinema; and the diasporic presence of a few women from Shanghai in Wong's Hong Kong
- Examines the political, old, and sociological impression of Wong and his paintings, and discusses his paintings from a number of views together with smooth, post-modern, postcolonial, and queer theory
- Includes appendices which study Wong’s paintings in Hong Kong tv and commercials
Read Online or Download A Companion to Wong Kar-wai (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) PDF
Similar film & video art books
An entire advisor to all stages of documentary construction, this can be a vital guide for scholar filmmakers documentarians alike. Written in transparent, concise language and geared for simple reference, the textual content presents a development of real-world studying abilities, together with undertaking association and construction layout.
New to CINEMA 4D and searching out an available method to wake up to hurry fast? Do you realize the fundamentals of the software program yet want to know the recent beneficial properties or take your talents and realizing a bit deeper? if that is so, glance no additional than CINEMA 4D Apprentice, your one-stop store for studying this robust software.
The Kaiju (strange monster or unusual beast) movie style has a couple of subject matters that cross way past the “big monsters stomping on towns” motif. because the seminal King Kong 1933) and the archetypal Godzilla (1954), kaiju has mined the subject material of technological know-how run amok, militarism, capitalism, colonialism, consumerism and toxins.
This e-book develops a brand new serious framework for exploring the excesses portrayed in American cinema. every one tradition has its personal excesses which taken jointly upload as much as a distinct “madness. ” American cinema finds those excesses, portray a portrait of the particularly American insanity, and, whilst those excesses are rolled again a bit, unearths the original strengths and genius of the yankee brain.
- Nobody's Stooge: Ted Healy
- Stagecoach to Tombstone: The Filmgoers' Guide to the Great Westerns
- Die Revolution war im Fernsehen: Essay Essay zu den Fernsehserien Sopranos, Mad Men, 24, Lost, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Deadwood, Buffy, The Shield, Battlestar ... u.v.m. (luxbooks.luftraum) (German Edition)
- Roland Barthes' Cinema
- Animating Film Theory
Extra resources for A Companion to Wong Kar-wai (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)
A Companion to Wong Kar-wai (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) by Martha P. Nochimson